Monday, December 31


The compact digital camera that has accompanied me to so many shows over the years has been replaced. This year I got a Nikon D40x camera for christmas.

It feels a bit cruel to replace my trusty old Olympus that got me pictures like the one above, of Kerry Bomb of The Headlines.

I dropped the Olympus on the floor once, during a Dropkick Murphys gig. Right in front of the stage where a few dozen punks and skins were busy singing along and dancing the pogo.
Luckily both me and the camera escaped that little debacle unharmed. Or rather, the Olympus was unharmed and I got a bruise or two during the rescue mission.

I know a camera is only a thing, but I get attached to the tools of my trade. Well, maybe not all of them. I'm pretty indifferent to pencils, even though they are essential to writing. Maybe that's why I keep losing them.

2 comments:

Stevyn Colgan said...

Thundercats rocked! Oh, and it's great to meet someone else who likes Cry Baby too. Great blog!

punk in writing said...

Thanks for your kind words!

And congratulations on your book contract.