Tuesday, January 8

I have a thing for men in make up. Done right, there is just something about eyeliner and nail polish that looks so good on a man, especially on punk rock boys with tattoos. But there is more to it than a bit of paint.

Just look at guys like Davey Havok, Jade Puget and Mike Ness. All are talented men who are not afraid to stand out in a crowd. How can a girl say no to talent, style and a painted face?

Davey Havok (above, right) and Jade Puget (left) are members of rock band AFI, one of the best bands I discovered last year (but should have started listening to years ago).
I have a real knack for discovering bands a month after they've been to my neck of the woods on tour. Maybe that should be my new years resolution, discover new music before the bands play in my area? But I'm getting sidetracked here.


Davey Havok is a great performer and was voted the worlds sexiest vegetarian by peta2 in 2007.

Jade Puget is AFIs softspoken guitarist and a posterboy for why men should wear eyeliner. He is AFIs main songwriter, a vegetarian and straight edge.

And last but not least, young Mike Ness shows us how it's done in a scene from the documentary "Another State of Mind".
The world would be a better place if it had more punk rock boys with eyeliner.

No comments: