Friday, March 28

I've had a different song playing in my head every morning this week. Maybe my brain is compensating for my recent lack of music?
My mp3-player died a few weeks ago. I want to get a new one but I can't decide which one to get. Creative or Ipod, media player with a big screen or simple music player, 8 gb or 32? Decisions, decisions.

The song playing in my head today is Ballad of Lucy Jordan by Marianne Faithfull. Yesterday it was Mighty Mighty Bosstones, and the day before that it was Los Angeles Is Burning by Bad Religion. As my doodle from the staff meeting this Wednesday proves...

(I was trying to illustrate the line "Palm trees are candles in the murder wind".)



Los Angeles Is Buring contains one of my favourite lines from a song;

More a question than a curse
How could hell be any worse?

The flames are stunning
The cameras running
So take warning

3 comments:

Stevyn Colgan said...

Hey Punky!

I've had several i-pods and they synch well with my Macbook ... plus there are lots of great add-ons and gadgets. But I won't replace it with another - it's too limiting. I want to play MP3, WMA, FLAC etc. Plus, it's good to swap with friends - regardless of the dubious legality.

Great blog as ever!

Mr. Mantia said...

Once you lose a music player you remember how bad the radio is and how
tiresome the same CD can get. I haven't listened to Bad Religion in
quite some time, this blog has nudged
me to giving them a listen tonight.

punk in writing said...

Thank you for your kind words.

stevyn:
I'm leaning towards a Creative, now I just have to decide if I want a media player or a music player...

mr mantia:
I grabbed 8 cds for my 45-minute drive to work today... I crave variety.