Saturday, June 21

I know, I know

It's been days since my last post. I could say that it's because I have been too busy travelling the world or writing my novel. Instead I have spent the past few days nursing a nasty cold and celebrating Midsummer.

If you're not familiar with Swedish customs, let me just say that Midsummer is celebrated with the same intensity as Christmas and Easter. It involves eating pickled herring, new potatoes and strawberries, drinking snaps and dancing around the Maypole.

The last few days I've been listening to a lot of British music, such as grime artist Lady Sovereign and The Streets. I simply can't get enough of Mike Skinners vocals on "Don't Mug Yourself". I love what the song says about the games we play to attract the opposite sex and keep the person we like interested in us.

No comments: