Thursday, September 25

Wishful texting

I keep hearing things that aren't really happening. I can swear that I hear the sound of a text message reaching my phone.
It's happened three times today; I think I hear the "click click" sound that indicates a text message and check my phone. But no. I think what I'm doing qualifies as wishful texting.

I'm beginning to feel like Andie in "Pretty In Pink", in the scene where she is getting stood up by Blane and hides in the bathroom in the back of the record store.

Iona: Andie, hon. Listen, it's after 7:00. Don't waste good lip gloss.
Andie: I don't know what I'm doing!
Iona: Wishful make-upping!

Doesn't anyone love me enough to distract me from my work? *Sigh followed by dramatic pause and gestures last seen in silent movies*
I think I need to get over myself. Maybe a John Huges marathon will help?

The phone that doesn't do what I want it to do.

No comments: