Monday, October 20

Cupcake Crazy

I think I must have channeled Martha Stewart in my sleep, because I woke up feeling a need to make cupcakes. I started looking at food blogs and we all know how that ends.

I decided to make a basic vanilla cupcake recipe and focus on the frosting. I made one batch of cupcakes but divided the mixture into small and medium cupcake liners.
I covered the smaller ones with a vanilla buttercream frosting and a cherry on top.

The bigger ones got a coat of classic Swedish icing (water and confectioners sugar) colored dark grey. I then used licorice rope as legs and licorice allsorts as eyes.

Now I've only got one problem. Who's gonna eat all these cupcakes and save me from a sugar rush that's gonna last for days?

2 comments:

Stevyn Colgan said...

Great spiders. The Japanese do this kind of thing so wel with their Sushi and Bento. Check this site out. Or this site.

Then there's this great book.

punk in writing said...

Oooh! Now I'm in the mood for sushi.

I love edible art.