Monday, October 13

Machine Gun Punky

I was out on the town with some colleagues this weekend. Got into an argument with one of the guys in the group who'd obviously read "The Game" by Neil Strauss, a book that supposedly teaches men how to become pick-up artists.

At first it was kinda fun, but he soon became more and more annoying. So I started talking back. I'm used to being the only woman in a group of guys (hello Saint 21 crew!) and am known for being able to hold my own. I enjoy debating and throwing comments back and forth, it's a challenge of wits and quick thinking.
Most of the guys I am around give as good as they get, and when it gets too much we just laugh it of and admit defeat or buy the other person a drink.

But Mr Annoying just threw out comment after comment and didn't follow through, so time after time I shot him down. Much to the delight of his colleague and his friend.
But I didn't do it all on my own. I had plenty of support and two great sidekicks in K and Sandrina.
Anyway, at one point Mr Annoying tried to insult me by calling me a machine gun. I took it as a compliment, even if I consider myself more of a sharpshooter.
It wasn't me who looked like a goldfish on dry land by the end of the evening.

2 comments:

Maggie said...

yay, you go!

punk in writing said...

Thank you! I'll try to do my best. ;)