Monday, April 13

The Garden of Easter

Maybe this post should be called the balcony of Easter. I don't have a garden, but I do have a balcony with a small greenhouse. And a long row of mismatched pots.


The balcony. Pardon the grill on the table and the mismatched pots.

The spring weather showed up just in time for Easter so I've been cleaning out the debris left by the builders who replaced the windows a few months ago. Trust me, there was a lot of junk and dead plants that needed throwing out.

It took some heavy duty cleaning but now it is a nice place to hang out. And watch stuff grow. I just wish there was room for bigger chairs.


It's alive! Alive! I put the seeds in the dirt myself.

I usually grow stuff that can be eaten but this year I've opted for flowers. But I might get some herbs and tomato plants later on. Last year I grew beets, tomatoes and radishes.


Purple is my favourite colour. Violets rock.

Oh yeah, I like to look rockin' on the balcony too. That's why I wear my Lucky Lou shoes and capri pants.


I'm not one of those people who garden in crocs.

And there's stuff growing in my kitchen too. If all goes well the seeds in the small pots will move into the greenhouse in a few weeks. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all the seeds will grow into plants.


Just another sunny day in Sweden.

6 comments:

Fleur de Guerre said...

Lovely! I just love watching ym garden come to life in the spring. I also do my weeding in my Lucky Lous! Mine are too big to wear out, bah.

ARCHAVIST said...

Cool shoes

Dumdad said...

So you do get sunshine in Sweden sometimes!

Thanks for popping over to my blog - it's cool to get a commentator from Sweden. I once spent a long weekend in Stockholm with my wife and my son who was aged about four then. He's quite blond and the air hostesses on the plane thought he was sweet and Swedish and returning home so gave him lots of toys; I managed to get an extra drink on the back of his success.

punk in writing said...

Fleur: Shoes are tricky that way... the can't be altered like dresses.

Archavist: Thanks.


Dumdad: Yes, we do get some sunshine at this time of year.
And it's pretty cool to get comments from someone in France too.

Little Rascal said...

Aw, I miss Hokarangen now. :(

Love your mules!

punk in writing said...

Rascal: Thanks!
If it's any consolation it's much colder and not as sunny today.