Monday, May 4

He ain't my type but he sings some pretty good songs

Brad Paisley is not my type. He's a country singer, he wears a white cowboy hat* and acid washed jeans that went out of style in 1992. I guess they're still considered hot if you live in Texas, Tennessee or Oklahoma.

Yet there's something about his songs that keep me coming back for more. Maybe it's the clever and funny lyrics or his fabulous voice. It sure as hell ain't his taste in hats.

About the lyrics, listen to Online or You Need a Man Around Here and you'll see what I mean.




* In my opinion cowboy hats should only be worn by actual cowboys or people working outdoors in the sun. And they're not supposed to be white.

4 comments:

Sandrina said...

I'm almost ashamed to admit it but I got hooked on his son "Mud on the tires" while I was in College and even today I now and then put it on just for fun. There's something in his songs that makes you want to listen even more.. :))

punk in writing said...

Sandrina: I haven't heard that one, still working my way through 5th Gear and Time Well Wasted. :)

Time and Skin Media said...

Like your stuff.

See www.rosecitypublishers.com

punk in writing said...

Time and Skin Media: I will. Thanks for stopping by. :)