Sunday, June 14

Jokers Car & Bike Show

I'm recovering after a weekend at Jokers Car & Bike Show in Tidaholm.
Johan, Jimmy and Kristopher got there early on Friday and set up shop in time to catch the bands, including the rockin' guys and girl from El Ray.

The rest of us got delayed trying to find a piano for Nosey Joe & The Poolkings. We rode up in Eddie's van and I had the entire backseat to myself.

View from the backseat. Rob is driving.

We slept on the floor and in the vans, carried a lot of boxes, unpacked, sold clothes and pomade, ate pizza and cookies, checked out some cars and watched Jimmy become a member of Cardinals Car Club.

I got to know Angelo from Sinner Supply and his lovely wife, and they gave me a top as a present!

Angelo, Eddie and Magnus are talking about cars.

We didn't get any rain at Jokers, but the weather has been bad the last few days so I guess a lot of people made other plans. There were fewer cars than last year, and business was a little slower.
And yet my feet hurt like crazy at the end of the day.

Cars in front of the HepCat Store's red tent.

We drove home through a cold June night. We were back at Saint 21 at 3.30 in the morning, unpacked the vans and then we headed home to sleep. In beds.
Nothing makes me appriciate my bed like spending a night or two in a sleeping bag on a stage floor. In the company of friends who snore.

Packin' up and heading home. That's Eddie's van to the left.

3 comments:

KMcJoseph said...

Love the name of your blog. It's the reason why I decided to come check it out.

I took me forever to figure out a name for mine. You might recognize it if your in to punk music.

punk in writing said...

Joseph: Thanks! and thanks for following.
Of course I'm into punk, that's why the blog is called Punk In Writing. :)

KMcJoseph said...

I realize you are into punk. I didn't mean that as a question.

Haha.

:-)