Tuesday, October 6

My Mother's Birthday Present

I hardly believed my ears when my mother said she wanted a tattoo. My sister and I treated our mother to dinner at one of our favourite restaurants, as a birthday gift, when the subject came up.

I did not talk her into it, it was all her idea. She knew what she wanted done too. So I told her I'd sort something out and called my friend Christian who runs Grindhouse Tattoo.

Said and done, my mother and Christian set a date and talked about the design. And today I took a long lunch so I could head over to Grindhouse and take some photos as my mother got her tattoo.
My sister and I gave her the tattoo as a gift for her 60th birthday. I should add that my mother is a priest and just got a new job as a vicar.


Mom was fairly relaxed. Christian was chewing gum.


Christian at work.


The finished tattoo. The fish was the earliest symbol of Christianity.

3 comments:

Brystal said...

I think that's totally awesome that your mother got a tattoo. It seems like everybody has one now. My mom is still not cool with mine but whatever.

Tell your mom happy birthday and that I think her tattoo is way cool.

punk in writing said...

Brystal:
Thanks! My mom has always been cool about tattoos, I just didn't think that she wanted to get one for herself. :D

Julia Harpston said...

Hey,

Been reading your blog for a good few months now, you’ve really an inspiration to people like me! I’ve created my own blog about Gifts for mother and stuff about great gifts and great mother’s. Id be really appreciate if I could get a message back and also if you could link to my blog http://greatgiftsformother.blogspot.com/ - the name of the blog is Gifts for mother
thanks,
your inspire me :-D