Thursday, November 5

A Suspect Virus and Strangers on a Train

I think there's a bug in my system. My immune system that is. It's an annoying little virus that has been slowing med down for almost a week now.

I saw Rise Against and the 20Belows play at Vega in Copenhagen this weekend. After the first hour I was too tired to do anything but stand around, so no mosh pit for me. Darn.
But I did get to see the 20Belows play, both new material and some of their old stuff.

The award for most rock in one evening goes to Kasper Keen of the 20Belows, who had another gig with the Hitchcocks on the same night and had to run from Vega after opening for Rise Against to make it to the second show.

Rise Against were really good, but I know I would have enjoyed the show more if I had been in the mosh pit. And if the first three songs had been a little more about the vocals and a little less about the base drum.

Anyway, one of the perks of being sick is that I've had time to catch up on my reading and watch some movies. Like Hitchcock's "Strangers on a Train" from 1951.

2 comments:

Tom Bailey said...

The deep emotion of old movies like this is always interesting. I am a big rise against fan.. I am vegan but do not preach or soapbox the issue.

Check out my blog and see what you think.

Best regards... Now I can not stop singing "ready to fall"...

punk in writing said...

Hey Tom,

thanks for stopping by! :)