Wednesday, December 9

Because All I Do All Day Is Watch Youtube

I work with online media and social networks and sometimes co-workers from other departments stop by my desk and ask how I can get anything done when I'm always on facebook, twitter och youtube.
And they don't even know that I'm running spotify, msn messenger and google wave too.

The thing is, it's my job to be online and keep up with updates, new applications and new social media platforms. I also read a bunch of different blogs and online newspapers. And I often keep one thing running in the background as I am working on another.

Sounds like I'm doing everything at once? It's because I am. And it can be everything from updating a text on a website to writing policy and guidelines for a new website.

So how do I keep my sanity in this cacaphony? By listening to hardcore, doo wop, old Swedish showtunes and watching funny clips on youtube. Sometimes you need a surprised kitty or a blonde punk rock vampire to help you through the day.

Some days you just need Buffy and Spike. Repeatedly.

True Blood, eat your heart out.

3 comments:

FAKE DADA said...

i remember when they fucked the house down.

punk in writing said...

@fake dada: Smashed is a great episode.

But please don't use the f-word next time. You're making me blush.

GIANTS FAN said...

This is a great site you have here. I just found it from a friend's page. I have a humor blog as well and I'd like to exchange links with you. This will spread some traffic around between us. Let me know if this is cool.

Jason
http://www.hilariousheadlines.com/talk