Thursday, October 21

Sweat

Being at the gym makes me think of the opening from the tv-series Fame, the part where Debbie Allen goes "you got big dreams, you want fame... well fame costs, and right here is where you start paying. In sweat."



I'm not sure I want fame, but working out on a regular basis has made me feel so much better. My back pain is almost gone and work doesn't stress me out as much.
If someone had told me six months ago that I'd be working out this much and enjoying it I wouldn't have believed them. I may even have called them crazy.

Now I just have to figure out what I'm gonna get for all that sweat...

5 comments:

OJ Gonzalez-Cazares said...

stopping by from Goddess' site - if you want to find a purpose for all that sweat, let me tell you that you inspired me to working out again! I used to be pretty active and this year totally lost my mojo... thanks for this!!

cheers!!

TechnoBabe said...

I am interested in the part about your back pain. What types of exercise helps your back? I have occasional back problems and I do some back strengthening exercises on the floor. And I use some aerobic and walking exercise tapes. Anyway, I am glad to hear about someone getting relief from back pain. Congrats on the POTW.

punk in writing said...

@OJ Awesome! It might be a little tough at first but after a week or two you'll be back on track.

@TechnoBabe I do indoor walking twice a week and bodybalance (a mix of yoga, pilates and tai chi) once a week.
I find that anything that strengthens my core muscles help, and yoga does wonders for my posture.

Everyday Goddess said...

i'm getting here a bit late, but i thought this was a great piece, so I gave you one of my weekly goddess awards which you can collect anytime.

bisous!

punk in writing said...

@Godess Thank you, it's an honor. :)