Wednesday, May 11

Chandelier

Went to a glamorous event at an old theatre yesterday. When I saw these amazing chandeliers I thought of a certain musical...


This is what I call atmosphere.


And because I'm me, here's a great version of a song from that famous musical. You can find my favourite version of the original here.




I remember a documentary about a theatre that used old Victorian theatre tricks to make their production of Phantom look absolutely stunning. Those old school mechanical tricks are often so clever and simple, much more impressive than any hightech CGI. And they look like a lot more fun to operate.

Sadly, there wasn't a phantom in sight at yesterday's event. Just some authors, glamorous women and complimentary wine. And we got some pretty sweet goodiebags too.

There's an interview going on down there.

No comments: