Sunday, October 2

Vintage Cosmetics - Or Not

I'm a fan of vintage cosmetics and I like my eyeliner in the style of the 1950's. But I need to clean out my bathroom cabinet more often... I don't wear a lot of makeup and while I go thru my liquidlast eyeliner, smashbox lid primer and vanilla eyeshadow quite rapidly there are some things that should have been thrown out years ago. The dust on some of the bottles should have been a clue...

The romance may last forever but what about the lotions and potions?

I rarely wear foundation because I have sensitive skin that tends to break out if I wear too much makeup. However I've heard a lot of good things about mineral makeup so I'm trying out Bare Minerals. So far so good, but it does go on a bit shiny which is fine for a modern look but not so good for a 1950's look. 

I've also heard a lot of good things about Lily Lolo but I can only find them online and I'm not very good at picking out the right shade of foundation for myself. Still, it might be worth ordering some samples and see how they work.
If you are a retro gal with sensitive skin I'd love to know what works for you.

So flirting comes naturally to the girl who wears Seventeen Cosmetics?

Natural looking? With that hat on?

1 comment:

Min Self said...

The Bare Minerals makes a matte version that I wear, it won't stay matte all day if you don't keep up your powder, but it definitely does not go on shiny.