Sunday, November 17

Dear Attention Whore,

I know it seems like you have the perfect life right now. Women flirt with you, women give you compliments on your body, women want to sleep with you.

And yet there is a piece missing. Why do you put photos of yourself in your underwear on the internet, to be validated by strangers? Why do you chat up every woman who gives you attention?
I know our culture tells us that this is what the best time in your life is supposed to look like. You are desired and you desire. What they didn't tell you is that it's empty.
You are easy and nobody values things that are that easy to get. Your behaviour is hurting others and yourself. Oh but I know you do not see it that way. You're getting laid and women are coming back for more, aren't they?

You are far from the only person I know who acts like this. I know that you are young. In time you will learn and when you know better, you do better.

You don't have to take my word for it. Read Alex James' autobiography "A Bit Of A Blur". He will tell you that he now considers the time he spent hanging out with rock stars, jet-setting and getting laid every night the lowest point in his life.

No dear attention whore, this is not an attempt to change you. Far from it. I doubt you will ever read this and if you do you will not understand what I am saying.
It's not sour grapes.
I am old enough and experienced enough to know that I cannot change another person.
I just hope that one day you will find what you need to change yourself.

Consider this a prayer sent out to the universe. Not just for you but for everyone who is missing the key pieces needed to love and respect yourself.

No comments: