Sunday, March 8

I'm not a fashion blogger

I may help to run a clothing store, but I don't post photos of my daily outfit. Mainly because anyone reading would be bored silly by the same combinations of dark demin jeans with turn ups, black hooded sweaters and various t-shirts and shirts.

I dress more or less the same now as I did at University. I have always worked in places that have fairly casual dress codes, if any. But I now find myself in a proper office, with people who dress in suits, shirts and some even wear ties. Yikes!

I find this a little bit intimidating. A part of me feels like I should smarten up. The other part can't be bothered. I've always been a tomboy and never really bothered with cosmetics, apart from the occasional eyeliner and mascara.
And while I do dress up for nights out and can spend hours doing my hair before a rockabilly event, I just can't see myself getting up early to put together an outfit.

Then there's the issue of me being a klutz. I would never get through a day in heels and stockings. They would get torn on the way to work, and heels are hopeless when you're running for the train.

But when I look for stylish inspiration I check out these blogs: