Tuesday, October 6

My Mother's Birthday Present

I hardly believed my ears when my mother said she wanted a tattoo. My sister and I treated our mother to dinner at one of our favourite restaurants, as a birthday gift, when the subject came up.

I did not talk her into it, it was all her idea. She knew what she wanted done too. So I told her I'd sort something out and called my friend Christian who runs Grindhouse Tattoo.

Said and done, my mother and Christian set a date and talked about the design. And today I took a long lunch so I could head over to Grindhouse and take some photos as my mother got her tattoo.
My sister and I gave her the tattoo as a gift for her 60th birthday. I should add that my mother is a priest and just got a new job as a vicar.


Mom was fairly relaxed. Christian was chewing gum.


Christian at work.


The finished tattoo. The fish was the earliest symbol of Christianity.